Thursday, December 9, 2010

Final Post

Today we started off our day by wrapping up the ideas we have learned throughout the year and implicate them into an activity Dr. Boyer presented us with: We are now a teacher and have his daughter in our class, what are three ways I would use technology in the classroom?

1. I would create a wiki. I would maintain this wiki daily and update it with information about what we have covered in class throughout the day. I would have my students decide what the "big ideas" of the day were and record those on the wiki. I would also include pictures and videos of my students. I would also use the wiki to keep in contact with parents, keeping the line of communication open. I would also post assignments and notes for students who are absent.
2. I would use a SMARTBoard. In my class I would create interactive lessons using the SMARTBoard so the students would be able to have a hand-on learning experience.
3. I would have my students keep a blog. By creating a blog and maintaining it throughout the year students are able to record ideas they have learned throughout the year and look back on what they have learned and reflect upon their experiences in my class. Students would also be able to blog about their feelings and keep it as a journal.

After this Dr. Boyer wrapped up the class, talked about a few final homework items, asked for questions, and gave us his final ideas for our futures as teachers.
My ideas about using technology in the classroom has changed a bit over the semester. Prior to this class I felt as if technology was "taking over" our students minds and that they were relying on it for everything. After this class, I feel as if many different technologies are a good way of getting students involoved in their own learning. Students are now able to take their education into their own hands and take control. There are tools that gives students the ability to expand of their current knowledge. Technology gives students the option to learn everyday, outside of school, and even after they are done with traditional schooling. I now view technology as a life-long learning tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment