Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Inquiry Question Reflection

Completing this task actually did not take as much effort as I expected, especially because I didn't wait until the last minute to complete it. Since this task was given midway through the semester, I was given enough time to complete it without rushing. There was a lot of information needed to complete the task but as long as an interesting topic was chosen, it wasn't that bad. The topic I decided to choose was interesting to me and related to my future career which is why I didn't mind all of the research and actually found much of the information interesting and fun to look at. The hardest part about doing this task was completing the screencast, simply because I hate recording my voice. The one part of this task that took the longest was the annotated bibliography and finding sources.

The value in completing this task was to pick a topic that was interesting to us and research it and decide the best practices. I also think that this task was based on having to create and update our own wiki. Doing this assignment gave me experience needed to create a wiki. The knowledge I gained from this experience is what I will use in my future teaching in my classroom. Now that I understand how to maintain a wiki I will be more comfortable using it in my future.

This task will impact my future teaching because I now know how to use a wiki. I will use the knowledge from this assignment and use it in my future teaching. Through this task I have also learned new ways of using technology with students with autism. Each of the three best practices I used for my wiki will be incorporated into my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment